Tools to Protect Yourself
When most people think online security they think of a virus checker or maybe just a malware scanner, but understanding online privacy goes a lot deeper than just that. As online publishers and platforms struggle to monetize their commoditised platforms they have begun selling users data at unprecedented levels.
This trend of selling user data has also gone to extremes with personal private data including password and logging credentials being sold in open black marketplaces.
In this section we’re going to look at some privacy perserving alternatives. We focus on both paid and open source freeware software.
The below list are the “must haves” of online security. We strongly encourage everyone to read them.
- Have I Been Pwned? – Check If Your Email Has Been Compromised
- Must Read – Complete List of Free Privacy Tools
- How to Stop Web RTC Leak (Free and Easy Fixes)
- Top Password Managers w/ Advanced Cryptography (FBI Grade)
- Top 10 Home Security Systems 2019 – w/ Advanced Detection
Additional Guides for Online Privacy
We’re constantly adding to these tools. If you have a suggestion please feel free to contact us.
- 12 Ways That Anyone Can Know Their Computer Has Been Hacked
- How To Track Your Kid’s Phone
- How to Speed Up Your Internet Connection
- How to Have a Private, Anonymous Online Experience
- How to Store Your Cryptocurrency Safely – 3 Best Options (Beginner/Advanced)
- 15 Tips to Protect Your Kids Online That Still Work in 2019
- 9 Terrifying Ways Facebook Uses Your Data
- What Do Australians Think About The State of Online Privacy in 2019? (We Asked 2000 People)
- History of Early VPNs
- Step-By-Step Instructions for Hiding Your IP Address
- 4 Best Browsers for 100% Privacy & 4 to Avoid