Tools to Protect Yourself
When most people think online security they think of a virus checker or maybe just a malware scanner, but understanding online privacy goes a lot deeper than just that. As online publishers and platforms struggle to monetize their commoditised platforms they have begun selling users data at unprecedented levels.
This trend of selling user data has also gone to extremes with personal private data including password and logging credentials being sold in open black marketplaces.
In this section we’re going to look at some privacy perserving alternatives. We focus on both paid and open source freeware software.
The below list are the “must haves” of online security. We strongly encourage everyone to read them.
- Have I Been Pwned? – Check If Your Email Has Been Compromised
- Password Safe – One of the Best Open Source Password Management Tools
- 1Password Review – Is It Still Worth The Price? (Updated: 2019)
- LastPass Review – Our Analysis After Using the Tool For 2+ Years (Updated: 2019)
- Yubikey Review – Are Passwords Enough for 2019?
- Veracrypt Review – How to Encrypt Your Disk Drive for Maximum Security
- Tutanota Review – Secure From Mail To Mailbox
- Must Read – Complete List of Free Privacy Tools
- How to Stop Web RTC Leak (Free and Easy Fixes)
- Top Password Managers w/ Advanced Cryptography (FBI Grade)
- Top 10 Home Security Systems 2019 – w/ Advanced Detection
- Best VPN Routers for All Devices (Software/Hardware Based)
- Best Hosting NZ – A Guide for NZ Users to Help Them Find the Best Hosting Provider
- Top 4 Privacy Screens in 2019 – Protect Your Privacy from Snooping Eyes
- How to Get Unrestricted Youtube Access
- 4 Best Webcam Covers – Prevent Internet Hackers from Peeping Through Your Webcam
- VPN Tests and Checks – A Complete How-to Guide
- Best Home Security Cameras You Can Get Today
- Best VPN for Streaming
- Best VPN for Windows
- Best VPN for Android
- Best VPN for Mac
Additional Guides for Online Privacy
We’re constantly adding to these tools. If you have a suggestion please feel free to contact us.
- 12 Ways That Anyone Can Know Their Computer Has Been Hacked
- How To Track Your Kid’s Phone
- How to Speed Up Your Internet Connection
- How to Have a Private, Anonymous Online Experience
- How to Store Your Cryptocurrency Safely – 3 Best Options (Beginner/Advanced)
- 15 Tips to Protect Your Kids Online That Still Work in 2019
- 9 Terrifying Ways Facebook Uses Your Data
- What Do Australians Think About The State of Online Privacy in 2019? (We Asked 2000 People)
- History of Early VPNs
- Step-By-Step Instructions for Hiding Your IP Address
- 4 Best Browsers for 100% Privacy & 4 to Avoid
- PPTP vs L2TP/IPSec vs SSTP vs IKEv2/IPsec
- How to Completely Erase Google History
- Best Web Hosting for Australians