Privacy Australia Research Hub
Our goal is to educate and inform Australians about their data privacy rights and empower them to protect it. Our reviews are objective, research backed and community driven. We encourage all our readers to leave a review.
Our Research Includes:
- IP Leakage
- VPN Logging Policies
- WEB RTC Leaks
- Password Protector Vulnerabilities
- Speed Tests for Popular VPNs
Below is a list of all of research since 2017. While our research is entirely self funded we are open to suggestions from the community for additional research topics.
Data Privacy Research and Case Studies
The research reports below are based on data and information gathered by our team.
If you’d like to cite one of our reports please credit Privacy Australia. All data is property of this site.
- What is Net Neutrality and How Will it Change (Our Predictions for 2021+) – The importance of having the right to access untampered information freely
- The History & Future of Virtual Private Networks – The purpose of VPNs, their drawbacks, and the open source approach as their future
- Why We Don’t Support the Australian Assistance and Access Bill – #AABill Imposes a serious threat to data privacy both in Australia and worldwide
- Is Torrenting Illegal in Australia? – Not illegal by its definition, but the golden age of torrenting is behind us
- What Do Australians Think About The State of Online Privacy in 2021? – We wanted to know how safe you felt online, so we’ve asked 2000 of you for an opinion
- Australian Online Privacy Laws Explained – Read all about Australian online privacy laws
The below list of resources form the essentials of our privacy curriculum for anyone looking to better understand online data generation and better protect themselves online.
- Ultimate Guide to Encryption for Beginners w/Pictures – The basics of encryption and a quick glance at its history and importance
- What is a Proxy Server – Newbie Friendly Guide – Let’s see how exactly a proxy server works
- 8 Things to Avoid When Buying a VPN Service – a VPN service may be just a scam in disguise, learn to recognize differences between the two
- Alternatives to Google Products – Care to preserve your privacy? Drop Google products and look into the following alternatives
- Browser Fingerprinting – Your browser leaves “fingerprints” each time you use it. Minimize their damage to the privacy of your data and use them to your advantage when you can
- Money Saving Tips for Australians – Reduce, recycle, and invest an extra thought into your shopping
- NBN Connection Types – Helping you understand NBN connections and choose one for the best connection experience
- What is a Good Internet Speed – There is no excuse for slow Internet connection. Track your speed for a seamless online experience
- Browsing in Incognito Mode – The Incognito Mode – What it is, how it works, and when and how to use it to protect your privacy
- Complete List of Vulnerabilities for SMEs (2014-2021) – These are cruel times for SMEs both offline and online. Learn about the online threats to SMEs
- How Much Does Your Data Cost on the Dark Web? – We Checked – Your whole life and existence now available for $45 on average
- Are Password Protectors Safe? List of Every Major Breach – In search of a stronger password, many use password managers, but they too have a history of failure
- Complete List of Countries with Banned VPNs (Updated Version) – To make sure their Internet laws are in place, certain governments have banned VPNs
- Top 15 VPN Companies Log Policies – Are They Safe? – We have checked and spelled out top 15 VPN services’ log policies for you – You’re Welcome!
- 9 Terrifying Ways Facebook Uses Your Data – Everything you share and do on Facebook, now belongs to Facebook
- 3 Secure Email Options for Total Privacy – Protect your private and professional correspondence by using one of the following email services
- VPN Scams List: Services Not Worth Your Time – Avoid these services
- Overview of VPN Protocols – VPN protocols determine how safe the service is
- E-Safety Guide: Protect Your Children on the Internet – Parents have a hard job when it comes to internet safety
- What is Browser Hijacking? – Remote access to your browser
- Google Chat Scams Are Hitting Designers Hard – Chat scams are a type of phishing attack
- Encrypted Messaging – The Best Apps to Encrypt Your Messages
- What Is a Transparent Proxy – A brief straight to the point guide
- Best Private Search Engine – The best private search engines you can find
- Is Windows Defender Enough? – Does Windows Defender provides enough protection?
- What is the Dark Web – The mysterious corner of the internet revealed.
- Windows Privacy Settings – Things you can do to protect your privacy from Microsoft.
- Cell Phone Spying – Remove cell phone spyware, and protect your phone from it.
- How to Set Up Two Factor Authentication – One of the most important steps to improving your security.
- Are You Reusing Passwords? – A common mistake among many people explained and fixed.
- What Is Doxxing – Read our detailed guide on what is doxxing and how to prevent it.
- Small Business Reviews & Tools – I’ve put together a list of tools that I personally use in 2022.
- What is CFD Trading? – We explain the basics of what CFD trading in our detailed guide.
- Network Monitoring Tools & Software – We have compared the best networks tools and software for your business
Our Step-by-Step Guides
Our researchers have prepared a detailed step-by-step guide for all website optimization-related questions, feel free to look around.
- How To Unblock YouTube Videos – Why YouTube videos get blocked, and how to unblock them
- How to Get a NordVPN Coupon – Recognize a legit NordVPN discount offer and claim it
- How to Watch Bollywood Movies Online – Accesing Indian Hollywood wherever you are
- How To Unblock Websites – Useful tips to restore unrestricted browsing no matter where you are
- How to Watch HBO in Australia – Another issue resolved with a VPN tunnel. Learn how to choose the right VPN service
- How to Have a Private, Anonymous Online Experience – Simple steps for a private online experience
- How to Hide Your IP Address – Everything you need to know about your IP address including the tips on how to hide it
- How to Know If Your Computer Has Been Hacked – 12 signs your computer has been hacked
- How to Stop Web RTC Leak – What are Web RTC leaks, how to prevent them and ensure they do not happen
- How To Track Your Kid’s Phone – Agree with your children to use phone tracking apps to protect their well-being
- How To Delete Your Google History – A step-by-step guide on how to delete your data from Google
- How to Perform a VPN Test and Check – This is how you can carefully select and test your VPN service
- How to Trade Online for Beginners – Practical guidelines for first-time online traders
- How to Buy the Best NBN Modems – Up-to-date information required to make a decision about your home or business connectivity
- How Does SSH Work? – An In-depth guide of SSH – the whats, whys and hows…
- How to Erase a Hard Drive or a Solid State Drive – Mind your privacy and clear your HD and SSD properly
- How To Create Your Own VPN – Add an extra layer of protection with your own VPN
- What is Five Eyes Intelligence? – Find out everything you ever wanted to know about the Five Eyes
- Surveillance Devices Act of 1999 Explained – Learn all about surveillance devices and how to keep your conversations private
- Workplace Surveillance Act NSW – Find out what your employer can and can’t monitor
- Best Wi-Fi Channel – Complete guide on how to choose the best Wi-Fi channel
- How to Get American Netflix in Australia – Your US Netflix not the same in Australia? Embrace the fresh content available, or find a VPN service to access the US Netflix you know and love
- Spyware Removal – Find out how to get rid of this type of malware.
- How to Get Unbanned on Twitch – Get unbanned and start enjoying the stream again
- Secure Remote Working – Learn everything you need to know to stay safe while working from home
- How To Get Unbanned On Omegle – Learn how to get easily unbanned on Omegle
- How to Buy Bitcoins – Learn how to buy and sell Bitcoins easily
- How to Buy Shares – Learn how to trade shares quickly and easily via your mobile or desktop
- How to Buy International Shares – Use our beginner guide to find the best platforms and advice for trading online
- How to Avoid Credit Card Fraud – We’ve outlined the most common scams that criminals use online
- Beginners Guide to Cyrptocurrency Tax – Our guide has all the information on tax regulations in Australia
- Best Balance Transfer Credit Cards – We’ve found the best balance transfer credit cards in 2022
- How to Buy Shares in Tesla – We’ve listed easy steps on how you can buy and sell Tesla stock
- How to Buy Shares in Amazon – Read a complete beginners guide to buying shares and stock in Amazon
- Binary Options in Australia – We’ve listed some of the best places for binary trading in 2022
- Best Trading Platforms for Beginners – We’ve reviewed some of the easiest to use trading platforms for beginners
- Best Brokers for Trading Futures – Check out our guide for the best platforms for trading futures
- Best CFD Trading Platforms – Compare the best CFD platforms in Australia
Reviews and Comparisons
We try to do our research of the market and all the possible solutions. But we thought to try to take make it even easier for you by doing the legwork for you.
- Best Cheap VPN – Your privacy is not affected by your budget with these VPN services
- Best Australian VPNs – Our top VPNs rated by performance in 2022
- Best VPN for Kodi – Learn more about Kodi and the VPNs to be used with it
- Nord VPN vs. PIA Review – We saved you some time by comparing two of the most obvious VPN choices
- Best “Free” VPNs – The best VPN services offering free trials and reasonable pricing
- Best VPNs for Netflix – Get the best VPN for your Netflix and learn how to set it up
- Best VPN for Mac – a VPN for Mac? It’s a difficult choice, but we’ve narrowed it down for you
- Best Password Managers – Cutting your keys and holding them safely for you, but which one to choose?
- Best VPN Routers – Select a VPN router and learn to set it up
- Best Home Security Systems – The best systems to monitor your home 24/7
- Best Secure Browsers – Browsers built to protect your privacy, as well as those you should avoid
- Best Computer Privacy Screens – How privacy screen filters work and which one to choose
- Best Webcam Covers – Ensure you are only being watched when you want to with the right webcam cover
- Best Home Security Cameras – Monitor your home 24/7 with one of the best indoor and outdoor cameras out there
- Best “Free” Antivirus Software – 8 Excellent free AVs for you to choose
- Best VPNs for Torrenting – Protecting your identity online is a necessity nowadays
- Best Online Trading Platforms – Online stock exchange
- Best VPN for Streaming – The list of best streaming-friendly VPNs
- Best VPN for iOS – We are sifting through the muck to find the right VPN for your iOS device
- Best VPN for Windows – A good VPN ensures safe browsing on your Windows device
- Best VPN for Android – Feel safe with you Android mobile device by choosing the best VPN
- Best Web Hosting Reviews – Comparing top web hosting available in Australia
- Best Web Hosting NZ – Top NZ web hosting judged by support, security, pricing, and upgrades
- Best Free Online Virus Scanners – Add a crucial layer of protection to your PC
- Best Android Antivirus Software – Protect your mobile devices with the best app out there!
- Best Stock Trading Apps – We share some of the best apps packed with features and functionality
- Best Cryptocurrency Exchanges – Our top rated cryptocurrency trading exchanges in Australia
- NordVPN vs. ExpressVPN – Both are top VPN providers – but which comes out on top?
- IPVanish vs. ExpressVPN – How does an underdog VPN fare against the giant ExpressVPN
- ANZ Investing Review – See how ANZ compares with other trading platforms in our review
Password Protection Tools
Keep your accounts safe with the strongest passwords, and your passwords even safer. We made a compact list of the best password managers and other tools that help protect your passwords.
- 1Password Review – A password manager worth your time, based on a thorough review
- LastPass Review – This is one of the most popular password managers and for a number of good reasons
- KeePass Review – Definitely worth your while, but whether you like it is a matter of taste
- Dashlane Review – A reliable password manager, not the best VPN service
- Yubikey Review – Once set up, it is simple to use and will protect you from all cyber attacks
- Password Safe Review – Efficient, simple-to-use, easy-to-obtain, and comes for free
- VeraCrypt Review – The open-source encryption solution you’ve been looking for